A CANDIDATE COMMITTED TO
THE PEOPLE OF MANASSAS
``A native Virginian, I have lived in Manassas for nearly 25 years and chose to raise my family here. I love this city, and I'm asking for the opportunity to do the best I can to make Manassas an even better place to live.``
About Alonita Vannoy
“I was born in Roanoke, the eldest of six children. We didn’t have much, but what we were blessed with were two parents that instilled in us the importance of education, a strong work ethic and a desire to serve our community. Those early lessons of service and commitment are the foundation of my desire to serve the people of Manassas.”
Although Mrs. Vannoy was born into a world with the odds stacked against her, determination allowed her to graduate valedictorian of her high school class and receive a full academic scholarship to Cornell University. Graduating with a degree in Business Administration, she later received her Graduate Certificate in Leadership Development from Johns Hopkins University.
Mrs. Vannoy has extensive leadership experience, spending much of her career managing teams in business strategic plan development and setup procedures to reduce bureaucracy and increase revenue. Her financial experience includes complex analysis, forecasting and budget preparation.
Her career also carried her into legal management, analyzing and accurately applying the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia in the government, corporate and nonprofit sectors.
On November 7th, I hope that you will allow me to serve you as Commissioner of the Revenue for the City of Manassas. Together, we can make this great city even greater.
A STRONG VISION
- Enforce compliance of the assessment laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia and the ordinances of Manassas.
- Educate taxpayers about real estate relief programs for the elderly, disabled, veterans and spouses of deceased veterans.
- Process residents’ Virginia tax returns free of charge.
- Establish and enforce a clear system of checks and balances, to avoid mistakes that are costly to the taxpayer.
- Advocate the amendment of tax laws that benefit Manassas citizens.
- Provide staff training to acquire and maintain their required certifications.
- Working with the public and city staff, develop programs to improve customer service and resolve greivances.
- Promote transparency in all office processes.